New 2015 Guidelines!
This American Heart Association (AHA) renewal/update course is designed for healthcare providers who have already taken PALS and either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
Through lecture, video and active participation in simulated cases, students will enhance their skills in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
- Valid BLS and PALS cards
- Basic EKG interpretation skills
- Basic PALS pharmacology
Important concepts covered:
- The Basic Life Support (BLS) survey
- High-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The PALS survey and algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Immediate post-cardiac care
An AHA PALS course completion card will be issued at the end of the course upon successful completion of skills demonstration and written examination.